You've probably heard about the horrors happening up in Queensland at the moment. It's almost beyond belief.
Toni Coward from Make It Perfect has arranged for the sewing community to run auctions on their blogs with all proceeds being donated to the Flood Relief Appeal.
I'm auctioning off a replica of the journal and cover in the post below. The stats are: A5 spiral bound, unlined journal, with a hand-made cover. The cover basecloth is 100% linen and is has a floral design appliqued onto it. The applique is hand cut and pieced fabric from the Echino Fall 2010 line.
The journal and cover will be very, very similar to the one pictured below. I will get cracking on making it this weekend.
How the auction works:
- Bidding will start at $1 (Australian).
- You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
- Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
- This auction is open to everyone, I'll cover the postage.
- The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
- At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your journal to you.
- Thank you for participating and happy bidding!